Electricity (a poem)


Electricity

LaVladina

So afraid I’ll never find someone who makes me feel the electricity that he did. His fingers on my skin, his hands around my neck. Never have I ever experienced pleasure like the pleasure he gave. I wanted him so bad. I still want him. Even now that I know the truth about him. I want him to want me.

He gets under my skin. I wish I could let him go. But a part of me, deep down, wants to feel the pain he caused over and over. Feeling the pain is the only way to keep feeling the electricity. I miss his lips, his hands, his cock. I fear part of me will never let him go. How could he toss me aside so easily? Repeatedly. I wanted to hurt him like he hurt me. Over and over. I came close. 

He haunts all of my daydreams, but he never enters my mind when I sleep. I wonder why that is? Only my conscious mind can’t let him go. My subconscious mind is intuitive enough to have already written him off. Awake, I still long to feel the weight of his warm body on top of mine. I want that weight, even though I know the only way to feel that weight again is to experience something heavy.

I wanted you to be the one. I always knew you weren’t. I was willing to buy into the lie. You’re a beautiful liar. A con-man of the heart. We were electrified. I stoked the fire. You snuffed it out. Imagine the power of the electricity if you had let it burn. I trusted you more with your hands around my neck, than I ever trusted you with my heart.



Comments